UPDATE - More details on the 2012 VW Passat has emerged. Click here to read it.
Volkswagen's next-generation Passat is expected to bring back the glory days of mighty VW's reign in Germany. It is currently being developed with BMW 3-Series, Mercedes Benz C-Class and Audi A4 in mind. Shown here is a rendered interpretation of the 2012 Passat.
Expected to debut in late 2011 as a 2012 model
- A 3.0L replacement for the VR6 engine will produce close to 300Bhp (224kW)
- New engine to use direct injection, to improve mileage and maintain power
- Possible addition of turbochargers or some form of forced induction
- Other models will include new hybrid as well as a high-performance diesel with AWD.
- Airless tires,
- a wiperless window cleaning system,
- an advanced user interface.
- An electronic stability system with a feature that automatically offers counter-steering assistance in adverse driving conditions.