With the internet media working day-in and day-out to reveal new scoops, it is getting increasingly difficult for manufacturers to keep their new vehicles away from spies.
Minutes ago, we brought you the updated BMW X1 and now Mercedes GL Class has also been revealed by AutoForum.cz. The second generation GL Class adopts Mercedes’s new design language seen on the SL and SLK-Class. The front is aggressive, almost poses like its an AMG model.
So what has changed on the outside?
Quite a lot actually –
- A new headlamp design similar to one on the new SL
- A bulging hood
- Redesigned grill with oodles of chrome
- LED running lamps above large air intakes
- The new GL has an upward sweeping shoulder line
- The new wraparound taillights and LED fog lights complete the visual updates
What has changed on the inside?
- The new GL is based on an extended ML-Class platform. The Mercedes boffins have managed to squeezed 10 mm of more headroom.
- The cabin carries over from the ML-Class and has leather seats, wood trim and metallic accents.
- Best quality materials and more up-to-date tech should be at your disposal
What about the engine options?
Though no official confirmation is available, here is what our friends from Autoforum.cz predict:
- 3.0L diesel engine with to 265 or 306 horses.
- 4.6L V8 petrol mill generating around 400 to 450 horsepower.
When does it come to India?
The new GL-Class will be assembled next year at Mercedes Benz India’s Chakan plant but the German automaker could sell imported units of the GL-Class months before assembly starts. Sales of the GL-Class could begin in early 2013.