IAB readers are all aware that BMW is in the process of giving minor facelifts to all its models before their successors take over. The BMW X6 was the first model to get its due updates. We then reported about camouflaged test mules of the X1 and the 7 series.
Thus we fully realize that the BMW X1 is not far away from a midlife facelift. We also published a speculative rendering of what the updates might be.
The facelifted BMW X1 was supposed to be launched at the New York Motorshow that begins on the 4th of April. However, thanks to our friends at Autoforum.cz, we are able to get you first glimpses of the BMW X1 facelift prior to its official launch on Wednesday.
So what has changed on the outside?
- The front bumper has been revised completely. It has gained silver accents
- The front features recessed fog lights and a redesigned grille.
- The headlamp assembly has received internal changes, but the form does not change
- New door mirrors and modified outer sills on the side
- Newly design taillights and new rear bumper
What has changed on the inside?
- The center console has been redesigned
- Air vents with a bit of chrome
- Silver finish on the steering wheel
What about the engine?
While the engines option are a bit unclear yet, we can surely assure you that the BMW X1 will be offered with the eight speed automatic which is now standard in almost every BMW. More details on the engine options will be available when it is officially unveiled.
When does it come to India?
The BMW X1 is literally the backbone of BMW’s dominance in the Indian luxury car market. It is highly likely that BMW will introduce the X1 facelift in India later this year or in early 2013, right after the Audi Q3 has met its first batch of Indian customers.