M&M recently launched the facelifted Xylo for the Indian market. On the occasion, we caught up with a couple of people of the senior management from Mahindra and here is what we could get from them:
- The VCT technology (Voice control feature) for the Xylo E9 is being worked upon to adapt it for the XUV500. It will debut in 6 months from now.
- The Mini Xylo will continue its testing phase. It is slated for a launch just before the festive season of Diwali. The whole management team is pretty kicked about the product as hope that it will change the market dynamics. A price tag between 5-6 lakh is expected on the Mini Xylo.
- Another product that the company is kicked about is the Reva NXR. Although the launch date is unknown, M&M plans to spearhead the electric car revolution in India. Expect a very competitive price as the company tries to ingrain the product in the Indian consumer’s psyche.
- The Rexton is slated for launch late 2012 or early 2013. M&M is skeptical about volumes for the Rexton and will be testing the waters planning to sell at least 500 units a month.
- The Verito Compact sedan is slated for a launch at the end of 2012. The product is yet to begin its testing phase.