Volkswagen has showcased its flagship saloon, the VW Arteon R-Line at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show.
On the outside, the VW Arteon R-Line features exclusive additions, namely: C-signature of the front air intakes in high-gloss black; 18-inch 'Sebring' alloy wheels; 'R-Line' badging on the wings; heated windscreen washer jets; special R-Line bumpers; wrap-around chrome trim strip on lower bodywork and chrome-plated exhaust system tailpipe trims. The R-Line’s LED headlamps also come with Light Assist automatic main beam control (a camera-based system which automatically activates and deactivates the main beam in response to oncoming traffic).
Interior changes include aluminium pedals; roof liner in 'Titan Black'; front and rear stainless steel door tread plates with R-Line logo on front plates; leather-trimmed sports multifunction steering wheel in R-Line design; Alcantara/leather ('Vienna') seat covers with R-Line logo; special R-Line steering wheel and front seat heating.
The Arteon comes in the following powertrain configuration:
Petrol engine choices
- 2.0 TSI, 206 kW / 280 PS, 7-speed DSG plus 4MOTION
- Upcoming 1.5 TSI Evo, 110 kW / 150 PS, 6-speed / optional 7-speed DSG (DSG for 1.5 TSI Evo not in Germany)
- Upcoming 2.0 TSI, 140 kW / 190 PS, 7-speed DSG
Diesel engine choices
- 2.0 TDI, 110 kW / 150 PS, 6-speed / optional 7-speed DSG
- 2.0 TDI, 176 kW / 240 PS, 7-speed DSG plus 4MOTION
- Upcoming 2.0 TDI, 140 kW / 190 PS, 6-speed / optional 7-speed DSG / optional 4MOTION
On the safety department, highlights include Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC); Active Lighting System; Emergency Assist; proactive occupant protection system; Traffic Jam Assist; Side Assist plus Lane Assist and Rear Traffic Alert. Volkswagen manufactures the Arteon at the German plant in Emden.