Rear disc brake is optional, standard version continues with a rear drum brake.
The Suzuki Gixxer and the Suzuki Gixxer SF are now available with an optional rear disc brake, it being a 240 mm unit. Prices for the Suzuki Gixxer are as follows:
- Suzuki Gixxer Mono-Tone - INR 85,097
- Suzuki Gixxer Dual-Tone - INR 86,192
- Suzuki Gixxer Dual-Tone with rear disc brake - INR 88,699
- Suzuki Gixxer SF Pearl Mira Red/Glass sparkle Black - INR 94,530
- Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition - INR 96,187
- Suzuki Gixxer SF Pearl Mira Red/Glass sparkle Black (With Rear Disc Brake) - INR 97,037
- Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition (With Rear Disc Brake) - INR 98,694
Note: All prices are on-road New Delhi.
The front disc brake on the Suzuki Gixxer and Gixxer SF is a 266 mm unit. When opted without the rear disc brake, the motorcycles are equipped with a 130 mm rear drum brake. The option of a rear disc brake has no doubt increased safety levels on the Gixxer range. Later in the calendar year, Suzuki will also launch a fuel-injected version of the Gixxer.
There are no other changes to the Gixxer. It continues to be powered by the 154.9 cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engine which develops 14.8 PS and 14 Nm of torque, paired to a 5-speed gearbox. The Suzuki Gixxer commands a mileage of 64 km/l.