Will make its debut at the 2017 GIIAS in August.
According to Otomania, prices of the production-spec Mitsubishi XM will be announced at the 2017 GIIAS in August, a year after the XM concept was revealed. Ahead of its launch, the report states that dealerships will start accepting bookings in July.
The exterior design of the Mitsubishi XM has the company’s aggressive Dynamic Shield front fascia as seen in the concept car. It is claimed that the production version will be 80 percent similar to the concept version, while the rest 20 percent is attributed to production-spec elements.
Mitsubishi Motors has confirmed that the XM is a 7-seater layout, and is claimed to offer ample interior space. It will reportedly ride on an all-new platform and pack a 1.5-litre 4-cyl N/A petrol engine paired to a manual or automatic transmission that will send power to the front wheels. A diesel engine or an all-wheel drive system will not be offered in the XM.
Also Read: Mitsubishi could sell rebadged Renault models in South East Asia – Report
Prices are estimated to range between IDR 180 million to IDR 275 million. It will rival the Toyota Sienta, Suzuki Ertiga, Honda Mobilio, Toyota Avanza and Honda BR-V.
A report from the Thai media said last December that Nissan would badge-engineer the Mitsubishi XM to compete in the light utility market of South East Asia.