Mercedes Benz has revealed the Concept Style Coupe at Auto China 2012 in Beijing, a design study previewing a compact sedan that appears alongside the A-Class and B-Class models from next year.
Mercedes Benz has raised annual output to 200,000 vehicles per year and with contributions from its partners, will invest three billion Euros in China over the next few years.
We expect Mercedes Benz India to introduce this model in India in the next 2-3 years as they may want to offer customers with a hatchback, sedan and SUV in the 20-25 lakhs price band. The compact car bandwagon will begin with the launch of the B-Class Mercedes calls a "sports tourer" before Diwali this year.
Mercedes Benz Concept Style Coupe highlights
- The four-door Concept Style Coupé is a sporty mid-size vehicle design study
- It will lead to a closely-designed production model positioned between the B-Class and C-Class next year, and is a part of the 'Mercedes-Benz 2020’ strategy that aims to put it ahead of rival brands in terms of volumes by the decade ending.
- A new four-cylinder turbo petrol engine is strapped to it producing 211 hp. It has a 4MATIC all-wheel drive and the 7G-DCT dual-clutch automatic transmission.
- The dashboard is stitched using white nubuck leather and anthracite Alcantara.
- A COMAND Online center has Mercedes-Benz apps developed for the car's operation. Internet surfing is possible when the vehicle is at a standstill.