The petrol engines come only with an automatic transmission.
The Jaguar XE will go on sale in Europe early next year. Here is a look at the various variants, engines and gearbox options of Jag's entry-level sedan.
The XE will come in 5 variants - SE, Prestige, Portfolio, R-Sport and S - with the 'S' being offered exclusively with the F-Type's 3.0-liter V6 engine. Here is a gist of how these variants differ in looks.
- SE: Base variant gets 17-inch alloy wheels and a black finish for the center console and fascia.
- Prestige: Features 'Taurus Leather' with contrast stitching and a brushed aluminium fascia
- R-Sport: Black grille with chrome surround, sport front bumper, spoiler, 18-inch alloys, sports seats, R-Sport logos for the steering wheel and door sills
- Portfolio: Glove-soft Windsor leather, twin needle stitching, gloss black grille, chrome highlights, 18-inch wheels
- S: Similar to the R-Sport but gets a sculpted spoiler, dual-tone side sills, standard 19-inch wheels and optional 20-inch wheels
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder diesel with 163 PS (160.7 bhp) and 380 Nm of torque (MT and AT)
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder diesel with 180 PS (177.46 bhp) and 430 Nm of torque (MT and AT)
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbo-petrol with 200 PS (197.18 bhp) and 320 Nm of torque (AT)
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbo-petrol with 240 PS (236.62 bhp) and 340 Nm of torque (AT)
- 3.0-liter V6 supercharged petrol with 340 PS (335.21 bhp) and 450 Nm of torque (AT)
- 6-speed manual transmission
- 8-speed automatic transmission
The XE is due to launch in India in the later part of 2015 or by early 2016.
Competitors: BMW 3 Series, Audi A4, Mercedes C Class
Expected Price: INR 32-38 lakhs, ex-Showroom
Launch date: 2015 in Europe