The Honda BR-V Prototype has made its global premiere at the Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show 2015 (GIIAS 2015). Honda has confirmed at the unveiling that the car will be launched first in Indonesia in early 2016, followed by other countries.
Honda says that the 7-seat crossover vehicle "features the combination of an SUV appearance and handling and great utility and the spacious cabin of an MPV".
It is powered by a 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine paired to a "new" 6-speed manual transmission or a continuously variable transmission (CVT), with focus on driving performance and fuel economy.
Tomoki Uchida, President Director of PT Honda Prospect Motor, said -
Honda BR-V was developed to fulfill the needs of Indonesian customers. We believe Honda BR-V will be greatly received by customers in Indonesia and become the main attraction in this year’s motor show.
The price of the Honda BR-V for the Indonesian market ranges from Rp. 230 to Rp. 265 million (INR 10.83 lakhs to INR 12.48 lakhs), and bookings have opened at the show. Production of the vehicle will kick-off at Honda Prospect Motor's Karawang plant in January 2016.
Key exterior features of Honda BR-V
- High ground clearance
- Large roof rails standard for all grades
- Connected LED taillight design in C-character
- 16 inch aluminum alloy wheels
Key interior features of Honda BR-V
- "Class-leading" cabin space with "additional" knee room and head room
- Multi-Information Display
- Rear air conditioner between the first and second row seats
Honda BR-V - Engine and Transmission
- Four-Cylinder 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine that outputs 120 hp @ 6,600 rpm and a maximum torque of 145 Nm @ 4,600 rpm.
- New 6-speed Manual Transmission or a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) from Honda’s “Earth Dreams Technology.”
Honda BR-V - Safety features
- Dual front SRS airbags
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Front 3-Point Load Limiters with Pretensioner ELR Seat Belt and ISOFIX
Honda BR-V Prototype - Press Release
[Slideshare direct link]