2018 Mahindra XUV500 (facelift) to be sold in at least four main grades – Report
Sagar Parikh, I'm the international news editor at IndianAutosBlog.com. I love everything that has a steering wheel!
Mahindra will offer the 2018 Mahindra XUV500 in at least four main grades, namely W5, W7, W9 and W11, as per a report from Autocar India. The 2017 Mahindra XUV500 is available in W4, W6, W9, W10 and G grades.
The already available 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine that produces 140 hp and 330 Nm of torque is expected to power the 2018 Mahindra XUV500 in the W5, W7, W9 and W11 grades. All these grades will have a 6-speed manual transmission as standard, but the W7, W9 and W11 grades will offer a 6-speed automatic transmission option.
Mahindra will offer the new 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine that develops 155 hp at 3,750 rpm and 360 Nm of torque at 1,750-2,800 rpm in the 2018 Mahindra XUV500 as an option in the W11 grade. The new version of the 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine uses a new sixth-gen turbocharger along with new eVGT technology. A 6-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic transmission will work with an AWD system to send power to the wheels.
Mahindra will keep the 2.2-litre mHawk petrol engine’s availability limited to one single grade. Introduced just back in December last year, this engine produces 140 hp and 320 Nm of torque. These figures are identical to that of the downsized 1.99-litre mHawk diesel engine available in Delhi-NCR. There’s no word on the availability of this engine in the new Mahindra XUV500.
The 2018 Mahindra XUV500 will go on sale later this month, with prices likely starting at around INR 13 lakh (ex-showroom). Below are the features of the different configurations with the 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine.
Mahindra XUV500 W5
- Follow-me-home headlamps
- Steel wheels
- Roof rails
- Remote tailgate opening
- Rear wash and wipe
- Rear demister
- Dual exhausts
- Black and grey interior with fabric upholstery
- Dual AC (manual)
- Power windows
- Flat folding second- and third-row seats (60:40 second-row, 50:50 third-row)
- Mobile charging point (first-row)
Mahindra XUV500 W7
- Chrome front grille inserts
- Smart key
- Black and tan interior with fabric upholstery
- Automatic climate control
- Cruise Control
- Steering-mounted audio controls
Mahindra XUV500 W9
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Piano black trim on centre console
- Telescopic steering
- Reverse parking camera with Dynamic Assist
- Infotainment system with BlueSense and Android Auto
- Mobile charging (first-row and second-row)
Mahindra XUV500 W11
- Camping lamp
- Puddle lamps
- Exterior chrome trim
- Dual-tone black/tan leather seats with quilted stitching
- Leather finish on dashboard and door pads
- Power driver’s seat
- 18-inch alloy wheels (Optionally available, only in 155 hp 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine model)
2018 Mahindra XUV500 – Image Gallery
[News Source 1: Autocar India]
[Image Source 1: Team-BHP]
[Image Source 2: Team-BHP]