India-bound 2018 BMW X4 revealed ahead of Geneva Motor Show debut
Sagar Parikh, I'm the international news editor at IndianAutosBlog.com. I love everything that has a steering wheel!
BMW has revealed the 2018 BMW X4, the coupe version of the latest BMW X3. The second-gen BMW X4 (codename: BMW G02) arrives just four years after the original model that was introduced in 2014.
The all-new BMW X4 81 mm longer, 37 mm wider and 3 mm lower. It measures 4,572 mm in length, 1,918 mm in width and 1,621 mm in height. The wheelbase has increased by 54 mm to 2,864 mm. From the front, the redesigned model looks nearly identical to the latest BMW X3, save for the distinctive central air intake. From the sides, the Sports Activity Coupe has a lower height and a more progressively sloping roofline.
At the rear, the second-gen BMW X4 looks sportier and more distinctive with L-shaped slim wraparound tail lights. Thanks to the number plate recess moving to the bumper, the BMW logo proudly sits between these LED rear lights now. BMW will offer three optional variants: xLine, M Sport X and M Sport, each with their own individual character. A new BMW Individual Sun Stone metallic exterior colour is exclusive to the all-new BMW X4.
The interior design of the 2018 BMW X4 is the same as that of the 2018 BMW X3. 12-inch virtual instrument cluster, new full-colour head-up display with expanded (+70%) projection area, 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with gesture control and three-zone automatic climate control are some of the key interior features. There’s a new Vernasca leather upholstery option, which is exclusive to the all-new BMW X4.
BMW will offer the 2018 BMW X4 with seven engine options, all having an 8-speed Steptronic automatic transmission and the xDrive AWD system as standard.
2018 BMW X4 – Engines
- X4 xDrive20i – 2.0-litre petrol engine, 184 hp at 6,500 rpm, 290 Nm at 1,350-4,250 rpm
- X4 xDrive30i – 2.0-litre petrol engine, 252 hp at 6,500 rpm, 350 Nm at 1,450-4,800 rpm
- X4 M40i – 3.0-litre petrol engine, 360 hp at 5,500-6,500 rpm, 500 Nm at 1,520-4,800 rpm
- X4 xDrive20d – 2.0-litre diesel engine, 190 hp at 4,000 rpm, 400 Nm of torque at 1,750-2,500 rpm
- X4 xDrive25d – 2.0-litre diesel engine, 231 hp at 4,400 rpm, 500 Nm at 2,000 rpm
- X4 xDrive30d – 3.0-litre diesel engine, 265 hp at 4,000 rpm, 620 Nm at 2,000-2,500 rpm
- X4 M40d – 3.0-litre diesel engine, 326 hp at 4,400 rpm, 680 Nm at 1,750-2,750 rpm
The 2018 BMW X4 will have its world premiere at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show in March. It is expected to arrive in India later this year.