The 2018 Toyota Camry, which went on sale in Thailand last month, has been showcased at the ongoing 2018 Thai Motor Expo. The Thai-spec eighth generation Camry is on sale in a price bracket of 14,45,000 baht (INR 30,88,630) to 17,99,000 baht (INR 38,44,962).
The 2018 Toyota Camry looks similar to the North American-spec model. The company has made some changes to the global version, which include the absence of marker lights from the headlamps and inclusion of horizontal fog lamps at the outer ends of the air dam. The company has also showcased a TRD Sportivo version at the ongoing motor show, which should appeal to those looking for more emotion. The interior is near-identical to that of the North American-spec model with the ASEAN spec having a higher usage of wood trim and a different infotainment unit.
Eight-way adjustable power front seat, leather upholstery, wireless charging, keyless entry and go, and an eight-inch infotainment system come standard. Higher-spec cars get lumbar head-up-display (HUD), adjustment and ventilated seats in the front, rear reclining seats, nine airbags, on board hotspot and three-zone climate control.
Based on the TNGA-platform, the 2018 Toyota Camry measures 4,879.34 mm in length, 1,838.96 mm in width, and 1,445.26 mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 2,824.48 mm. The engine options are -
- 167 hp 2.0-litre (6AR-FBS) mated to a six-speed automatic transmission
- 209 hp 2.5-litre (A25A-FKB) mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission
- 211 hp 2.5-litre hybrid (A25A-FXS) that comes mated to an electronic CVT
The 2018 Toyota Camry features several driver-assist technologies, including a pre-collision system, automatic cruise control and lane departure warning.
2018 Toyota Camry Prices in Thailand
- Camry 2.0 G - 14,45,000 baht (INR 30,88,630)
- Camry 2.5 G - 15,89,000 baht (INR 33,96,280)
- Camry 2.5 HV - 16,39,000 baht (INR 3503148)
- Camry 2.5 HV Premium - 17,39,000 baht (INR 38,44,962)
The new Camry is now on test in India and is expected to reach dealers in early 2019.