First NEXA Service workshop launched, 300 outlets planned [Update]
Sagar Parikh, I'm the international news editor at IndianAutosBlog.com. I love everything that has a steering wheel!
Update - More images added to image gallery.
Maruti Suzuki has announced the launch of NEXA Service workshop in India. The company has opened the first dedicated NEXA workshop in Gurugram.
Maruti Suzuki introduced NEXA dealerships in 2015, with Maruti S-Cross as the first model sold there. Two years later now, the NEXA Service workshops will redefine the after sales service experience of the premium car buyers, MSIL says. These outlets will have premium lounges and use advanced technology to enhance customer service and transparency.
How it works?
NEXA Service offers a "health check" option for cars, which is carried out at a "diagnostic bay" located within the workshop. Once the diagnosis using digital tools is complete, the customer is handed out a car health card, which allows making informed decisions on the services the car needs and even provides insights on how to take care of the car.
Customers can make their car service appointments with NEXA Service online or through the app. Once the customer arrives with the car at the NEXA Service workshop, the boom barrier automatically opens on reading the car's RFID and makes way for it to enter enter its designated service bay displaying the car registration number. Before recommending the required services for the car, the service manager, using a tablet, goes through the history of the vehicle, and also have a discussion with the customer. Based on this the customer will get to see an estimate of the servicing cost on the tablet.
On receiving the approval from the customer, the service work begins. Meanwhile the customer is received by a hostess at the premium lounge and can track progress of the car on a dedicated LED screen. The customer can even look through the large glass walls, as the car moves from one station to next. If that's not enough for transparency, NEXA Service offers the convenience of watching live video of the car getting serviced too. On completion, the service manager informs the customer of the same and escorts him/her to the vehicle delivery area.
Key highlights of NEXA Service
- Diagnostic bay for Advanced Diagnosis
- Digital health card will show the vehicle health on several key parameters
- Use technology to digitally explain work to be undertaken on the car along with estimated cost
- Customer can order to watch live video of the car being serviced
Dedicated Service Managers central point of contact throughout car journey
- Online/phone appointment – no waiting as customer bay is pre-allocated for the appointed time
- Designated ‘job card opening bays’ where job cards are opened on tablets by dedicated Service Managers
- Digital signage to display car number of Appointed Customers
- Comfortable premium lounge area for waiting
- All new infrastructure built on global benchmarks
- Premium and plush. Carries forward the signature monochromatic theme
Maruti Suzuki aims to open 50-60 NEXA Service workshops by the end of FY2017-18. In a phased manner, the long-term goal is to open nearly 300 such outlets by 2020. Over 250 NEXA sales outlets are already open, and the plan is to increase that count to 400 by 2020. NEXA dealerships have sold over 2,00,000 cars, an official release confirmed in April. Maruti Suzuki has a target of selling 20% of its car through these premium outlets in the long term.