Will go on sale in Europe later this year.
Eight years after the VW Polo Mk5 arrived, Volkswagen introduced the VW Polo Mk6 in Berlin today. Here is the 2017 VW Polo from its world premiere.
With a body that is 4,053 mm long, 1,751 mm wide and 1,446 mm tall, the sixth generation is the largest VW Polo to the date. The European supermini has grown 81 mm in length and has a wheelbase that is 94 mm longer. The Seat Ibiza's mechanical cousin is now 69 mm wider and 7 mm lower following the redesign.
Volkswagen has listed the 2017 VW Polo in five equipment lines: Trendline, Comfortline, Highline, Beats and GTI. The Polo Beats is a special edition model, while the Polo GTI is the range-topping performance variant. The R-Line, Black and Style are accessory packs.
Full-LED headlamps, LED daytime running lights, 16-inch alloy wheels, LED tail lights, diffuser-integrated rear bumper, roof spoiler, panoramic sunroof, keyless entry, push-button start, Air Care Climatronic climate control system, second-generation Active Info Display fully digital instrument cluster - a Volkswagen Group-first, 8.0-inch glass-encased infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink, 300-watt Beats sound system, wireless charging and inductive aerial connection are equipment highlights of the 2017 VW Polo.
Front Assist area monitoring system with City Emergency Braking and Pedestrian Monitoring, Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection with Rear Traffic Alert and semi-automated Park Assist system are among the key safety and driver assistance features.
Volkswagen has listed the 2017 VW Polo in the following mechanical configurations, all with a front-wheel drive drivetrain layout:
- 48 kW (65 PS) 1.0-litre MPI Petrol, 5-speed manual transmission
- 55 kW (75 PS) 1.0-litre MPI Petrol, 5-speed manual transmission
- 70 kW (95 PS) 1.0-litre TSI petrol, 5-speed manual transmission/7-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission
- 85 kW (115 PS) 1.0-litre TSI Petrol, 6-speed manual transmission/7-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission
- 110 kW (150 PS) 1.5-litre TSI Evo Petrol, 6-speed manual transmission/7-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission
- 66 kW (90 PS) 1.0-litre TGI CNG-Petrol, 5-speed manual transmission
- 59 kW (80 PS) 1.6-litre TDI Diesel, 5-speed manual transmission
- 70 kW (95 PS) 1.6-litre TDI Diesel, 5-speed manual transmission/7-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission
Stop-start system and a regenerative braking mode are standard, and the 1.5-litre TSI Evo engine model has cylinder deactivation technology called Active Cylinder Technology.
The 2017 VW Polo GTI stands out with LED headlights with a red winglet, red markings on the radiator grille and honeycomb air vent screens, exclusive front bumper with integrated spoiler lip and fog lights, GTI badge above the front fenders, red brake calipers and a large roof spoiler in high-gloss black (underside: matte black), a diffuser in the rear bumper and exclusive dual tailpipes.
The interior carries over the sporty theme with a leather-trimmed sport steering wheel with red stitching, a GTI gear shift grip, top sport seats with ‘Clark’ tartan pattern and black roof lining and roof pillars. Ambient lighting is standard.
The 2017 VW Polo GTI sports the 147 kW (200 PS) 2.0-liter TSI petrol engine in conjunction with a 6-speed manual transmission or the 7-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission. Sport chassis is standard, but Sport Select chassis is optional.
The 2017 VW Polo GTI goes on sale in Europe later this year with prices starting at €12,975 (INR 9,34,641.15).