Audi A6 Allroad quattro – Auto Expo 2016
Sagar Parikh, I'm the international news editor at IndianAutosBlog.com. I love everything that has a steering wheel!
Could be launched in India as a niche offering, imported via the CBU route.
Adding fuel from the last year’s speculations about the Indian launch, the Audi A6 allroad quattro is being showcased at the Auto Expo 2016. The adventure-styled variant of the Audi A6 Avant is 4,938 mm long, 2,086 mm wide and 1,452 mm tall, and has a wheelbase of 2,905 mm.
On the outside, the Audi A6 allroad quattro features a distinctive grille with vertical chrome slats, skid plates, extra body cladding, Matrix LED headlights, aluminum roof rails, 18-inch ‘5-arm’ design alloy wheels and dynamic LED turn indicators in the tail lamps. Adaptive air suspension is standard on the allroad variant. Noteworthy interior and assistance features include electrically adjustable front Sport seats, MMI Navigation Plus with 8-inch colour display, 10-speaker soundsystem, Audi Side Assist (Blind Spot Indicator), Audi Active Lane Indicator (Lane Departure Warning system) and Adaptive cruise control.
In Germany, the Audi A6 allroad quattro is available in the following configurations:-
- 3.0-litre TFSI V6 petrol engine that produces 245 kW (333 PS) and 440 Nm of torque, with a 7-speed S tronic transmission.
- 3.0-litre TDI V6 diesel engine that produces 140 kW (190 PS) and 500 Nm of torque, with a 7-speed S tronic transmission.
- 3.0-litre TDI V6 diesel engine that produces 160 kW (218 PS) and 500 Nm of torque, with a 7-speed S tronic transmission.
- 3.0-litre TDI V6 diesel engine that produces 200 kW (272 PS) and 580 Nm of torque, with a 7-speed S tronic transmission.
- 3.0-litre TDI V6 diesel engine that produces 235 kW (320 PS) and 650 Nm of torque, with an 8-speed tiptronic transmission.
The regular Audi A6 Avant isn’t sold in India, but like the RS6 variant, the allroad variant could be launched as a niche product and be imported via the CBU route from Germany.