Jaguar has just announced a model year update for their flagship luxury sedan, the 2014 Jaguar XJ. These are the host of changes for the upgraded XJ.
- All engines are now available with Start/Stop system.
- 8-speed automatic transmission is standard across the range.
- LWB models have rear seats that recline 'airline' style and have a massage function.
- Specially setup re-tuned rear suspension for comfort.
- Increased headroom (not for the US market).
- Rear gets two high-resolution touchscreen systems.
- Navigation is available in nearly all the 101 markets where the XJ is sold.
- Doors feature 'Soft close technology'.
- Newly designed Manra 18-inch alloy wheels.
- Conversation assist with microphones embedded above each seat makes it easier to have a conversation inside the car.
The engine lineup of the 2014 Jaguar XJ is unchanged. You get the base 2.0-liter turbo petrol (which was recently introduced in India), a 3.0-liter V6 petrol and diesel, 5.0-liter naturally aspirated and supercharged engines and a range topping XJR.
Adrian Hallmark, Global Brand Director, Jaguar, said -
The 2014 Jaguar XJ represents the summit of Jaguar's luxury saloon range. The XJ's unparalleled breadth of talent combines class-leading levels of luxury, comfort and performance with the elegant, contemporary design for which Jaguar is renowned.
2014 Jaguar XJ Image Gallery
Press release on Page 2.
2014 Jaguar XJ Announced - Press Release
[Head to Scribd if you're unable to view the document above.]