Mercedes brought the new E Class; BMW refreshed its 5 series; Jag got the XF. Any guesses what’s missing from the party? Yep the A6!
The old A6 was really not a seller simply because it was too bland. Both the German rivals were outselling it by miles. But finally Audi decided to take the beating no more and has been testing the new A6 since quite a while.
The new A6 is expected to take its styling cues from her elder sister – A7. So expect a fair bit of LED bling bling on the car. Since both cars are based on the Audi's MLB, or modular longitudinal matrix platform we expect the length of the new car to be the same as the A7.
The car is expected to have a lot of engine options like:
* A 2.0 TFSI – around 180 bhp
* A 2.8L FSI V6 with an output of 201bhp
* A supercharged 3.0-litre TFSI with an output of 296bhp
* Two 3.0-litre TDIs with an output of a 201bhp and 242bhp respectively
* An RS6 version (to rival the upcoming M5 and E63 AMG)
* And probably a hybrid as well
These will be mated to 6-speed manual, 7-speed S Tronic (DSG), or 8-speed automatic transmission depending on engine choice.
The new car is all set to shed its wraps at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show. Until then, we leave you with teaser images where the new car is sharing the space with the other family members.
Source - motorauthority.com