On the occasion, GM Daewoo President and CEO Mike Arcamone said -
GM Daewoo is proud to be the first member of the GM family to produce and sell GM's next-generation global small car. With demand for small cars on the rise worldwide, this is great news not only for GM Daewoo and our suppliers, but for Korean consumers as well.
* 1.2-liter Petrol with 70HP
* 1.2-liter Petrol with 86HP
* 1.4-liter Petrol with 100HP
* 1.6-liter Petrol with 115HP
* And a 1.3-liter turbo diesel engine with either 75HP or 90HP with a start stop technology
GM also has plans to unveil a four-door sedan version of the same Aveo at the LA motor show this November or in the Detroit motor show in early January 2011.
GM will also bring this Aveo (both sedan and hatchback) to India by early next year. Chances are that they will co-exist with the current models with added features and diesel powertrains.