Test Drive – Day 4 – 11 Likes and Dislikes
I’m the Founder & CEO of IndianAutosBlog.com. I love teamwork and talking about cars.
Now lets come to the difficult part, things we like and dislike in the City.
What we like on the New City-
1. The i-VTEC engine, very refined and agile (2nd gear does 100kmph)
2. Short throw gear box a pleasure to use aided with the longer gear ratios.
3. USB dock is exactly where it should be and not in the glove box as the Linea.
4. Excellent seating height.
5. Sporty looks and dominating chiseled edges on the exteriors.
6. ABS and airbags standard on all variants.
7. Top notch handling aided with the improved EPS.
8. A few of the parts are carried over from the Civic’s bin.
9. Sensible use of space.
10. Excellent build quality, the car we tested had done 11k kms and not a single vibration or noise was heard, it even had the new car scent inside.
11. Very sweet sounding horn.
Which brings us to things we did not like on the New City-
1. Fog lamps absent and no provision on the bumpers to even fit them
2. Tyre size a bit narrow for a car in this segment.
3. Retractable or self folding mirrors absent.
4. The exhaust note could have been a bit more noisier – a personal choice
5. Rear headrests are not adjustable.
6. No rear bottle holders on the door panel.
7. No rear map pockets behind the driver seat.
8. 60-40 split seats missing.
9. Stereo is great but the speakers could have been better.
10. Glove box has no cooling nor light within.
11. No CD player!! I initially thought Honda were playing a trick on us by giving a media vehicle without it.