When we met Mr Sandeep Singh, Deputy Managing Director (Marketing), of Toyota Kirloskar Motor at the track launch of the Toyota Etios Motor Racing, we were informed that Toyota India is planning an onslaught of special edition cars for the festive season.
We have already seen the TRD limited edition Etios, Etios Liva TRD Sportivo Limited Edition, Innova Aero edition and the recent limited edition Corolla Altis.
Our friends at GoaonWheels have managed to scoop yet another special edition from Toyota - Fortuner TRD edition.
The Toyota Fortuner is the king of all luxury SUVs in India. However, Mahindra plans to change that equation by introducing the new SangYong Rexton W in India on October 17th. It is expected that the Rexton W will be priced in the same bracket as the Toyota Fortuner.
To welcome the new challenge, Toyota India is massaging the Fortuner with the TRD package. The packages includes –
- New front bumper
- New rear bumper
- Sporty rear spoiler
- Embossed TRD badges on the front and the rear
India is not the first market to get the Toyota Fortuner TRD. Our friends from Thailand have already received this model but their special edition model is a lot more loaded with features. They get –
- TRD Sportivo Aero package : Front, Rear & Roof
- TRD Sportivo Suspension
- Emblem & Sticker TRD Sportivo
- 18? TRD Sportivo Alloy Wheels
- Black & Sand Beige Interior
- Leather & Artificial Leather Seat with TRD Sportivo Emblem
- Leather / Kevlar Steering Wheel with Audio, MID and Telephone Switch
- AM/FM 1 DVD with 6.1? Touch Screen and Remote Control
- Kevlar Center Console & Door Panel Switch
Unlike the Fortuner TRD Sportlivo edition launched in Thailand, the Indian version is merely a cosmetic job. GoaonWheels reports that no changes will be made to the mechanicals of the Fortuner TRD . It will be powered by the same D-4D turbodiesel engine with 171 PS and 343 Nm of Torque.
If the Toyota’s strategy for the Innova Aero is anything to go by, expect the official announcement of the Fortuner TRD soon after the Rexton W national launch.