Force Motors, today has launched its new Gurkha SUV at the ongoing Bus and Utility Vehicle Show 2013 at Noida.
The off roading enthusiasts describe Gurkha as one of the most capable and potent SUVs. We have brought you quite a few spyshots of the new Gurkha while it was being tested.
Force Motors calls the Gurkha as the Extreme Offroader Vehicle (EOV) and to emphasis it, the SUV is given a "4x4x4" suffix. The new Force Gurkha is available in three variants - Soft top 4x2, Soft top 4x4 and Hard top 4x4. Force has also showcased an accessorized version of the Gurkha with a custom paint job, beefy front bumper, bumper mounted winch, bull bar, headlamp guard and roof mounted lamps.
As we reported earlier, the Gurkha uses the Mercedes licensed 2.6 litre diesel engine which complies only to BS-III emission norms. Based on the lines of the iconic Mercedes G-Wagen, the Gurkha is a true blue off roader.
The SUV now gets circular headlamps compared to its predecessor's rectangular units. The front grill and bumper get silver finish which helps the SUV visually. The spare wheel holder is also finished in silver to complement the front fascia.
The interior gets a new steering wheel and the revamped dashboard has a better appeal compared to that of the old car.
Features of the Force Gurkha
- Mercedes derived 2.6 litre turbocharged intercooled diesel engine which produces 82PS/230Nm
- 5-speed manual transmission with Hi-Lo option on transfer case
- Differential locks on both front and rear axles
- Reinforced tubular ladder frame chassis to endure the loads during off roading activity
- Best in class ground clearance of 210mm
- Chrome finished stainless steel intake snorkel which enables best in class water fording height
- Fog lamps as standard
- Air conditioner and power steering
- Dual tone interior
Variants and Prices of the Force Gurkha (Ex-showroom New Delhi)
Soft top 4x2 - Rs. 6.25 lakhs
Soft top 4X4 - Rs. 8.35 lakhs
Hard top 4X4 - Rs. 8.50 lakhs
With the Force Gurkha, the company has added one more product to its passenger vehicle portfolio which is set to expand further. The Gurkha will cater to the niche off road segment and will go head on against the Mahindra Thar which is the only rival.