Zeta the second most popular grade.
The Maruti Ignis went on sale in January and it's time now initial stats started appearing. The Maruti Ignis is available in Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha trim levels, and according to a report from The Economic Times, over 50% of the car's sales are made in Delta grade. Zeta grade tails as the second most popular one in the range.
The Maruti Ignis is offered with two engines: 1.2L VVT and 1.3L DDiS. The 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol engine produces 61 kW (81.77 hp) at 6,000 rpm and 113 Nm of torque at 4,200 rpm, while the 1.3-litre four-cylinder diesel engine develops 55.2 kW (73.99 hp) at 4,000 rpm and 190 Nm of torque at 2,000 rpm. A 5-speed manual transmission is standard, but an AMT option is available in the Delta and Zeta trim levels. The fuel economy rating of the crossover-styled hatchback is 20.89 km/l (petrol)/26.80 km/l (diesel).
The Maruti Ignis in Delta trim level is equipped with features like turn signal-integrated ORVMs, remote keyless entry, electronically adjustable door mirrors, dual-tone dashboard, chrome accents on AC louvers, two-speaker audio system with steering mounted controls and remote control, 60:40 split (rear) seats, four power windows, ABS with EBD, dual-front airbags and ISOFIX child seat anchorages.
The Maruti Ignis is priced from INR 4,59,000 (ex-showroom Delhi) and competes with the Mahindra KUV100 and premium B-Segment hatchbacks. A few weeks back it was reported that Maruti Suzuki has sold 10,000 units of the Ignis and has about 12,000 pending orders for it.
Maruti Ignis - Prices*
- Ignis Sigma petrol MT - INR 4,59,000
- Ignis Delta petrol MT - INR 5,19,001
- Ignis Delta petrol AMT - INR 5,74,000
- Ignis Zeta petrol MT - INR 5,75,001
- Ignis Zeta petrol AMT - INR 6,30,000
- Ignis Alpta petrol MT - INR 6,69,000
- Ignis Delta diesel MT - INR 6,39,000
- Ignis Delta diesel AMT - INR 6,94,001,
- Ignis Zeta diesel MT - INR 6,91,001
- Ignis Zeta diesel AMT - INR 7,46,001
- Ignis Alpa diesel MT - INR 7,80,000
*Prices ex-showroom Delhi
[Source: The Economic Times]