In another press conference unfolding simultaneously in New Delhi, Maruti Suzuki has launched the new Swift for a price of 4.22 lakh rupees (ex-showroom New Delhi).
The petrol and diesel cars have three variants each (LXI, VXI, ZXI and LDI, ZDI and VDI).
Key features of the new Maruti Swift
New Maruti Swift LXI/LDI features
Parcel tray, lane change indicator, fuel consumption display, tilt steering, low fuel warning lamp, Head light ON reminder, key in slot reminder, seat belt unfastened reminder, Power steering, manual AC, Immobilizer and body colored bumpers.
New Maruti Swift VXI/VDI features
Electric ORVMS with Indicators, Keyless Entry with Security alarm, chrome door cabin side handles, four power windows, central locking, fog lamps front and rear, body colored ORVM, body colored door handles, wheel caps, day night in-cabin mirror.
Maruti Swift ZXI/ZDI features
Both the ABOVE +
Height-adjustable driver seat, rear wiper washer and defogger, Dual Airbags, ABS with EBD, Steering wheel controls, Integrated Audio system, Auto AC, 15 inch alloys, six speaker audio with four speakers and two tweeters.
New Maruti Swift general features
New Swift has wraparound silver accent in dashboard, sporty three-spoke steering wheel with silver accent, center console has a waterfall design, premium sporty fabric on the seat, storage pockets on all the doors, retractable cup holder on dashboard, rear sporty antenna, dynamic grille design and unique vertical headlamps.
Other features on the new Maruti Swift
- Instrument panel with MID (Multi Information Display) - Shows Fuel efficiency and temperature.
- Single touch lane changing indicator
- 16 inch alloy wheels with low profile tires (option)
- New wheel cap design
- Improved NVH; Noise lowered by 3dB compared to the earlier model
- Steering mounted controls with illumination (ZXI, ZDI)
- Automatic climate control (ZXI, ZDI)
- Increased rear legroom, knee room and foot space
- Front seats are larger offering more support
- AUX and USB slot
- Tilt steering wheel and height adjust
- Three new colors - Blazing red, Torque Blue and Glistering Gray
- DETENT technology for smoother gear shifts
- Next generation ABS technology with engine drag control (ZXI, ZDI)
- Increased rigidity in the body
- Dual front SRS Airbags, including knee bag in the top-end variants (ZXI, ZDI)
- Auto unlock in case of an accident, auto unlock when the key is removed
- Keyless entry (ZXI, ZDI variant)
- Rally based suspension for smoother ride and improved handling
- Speed sensitive audio volume
The new Swift has a 1.3-liter DDIS diesel engine that returns a fuel economy of 22.9 kmpl. The 1.2 K Series engine returns 18.6 kmpl. Both engines accelerate quicker.