The Maruti Suzuki SX4 is going to be facelifted in India and the refreshed car is just around the corner.
Till now, we've shown you what the car looks like, exterior wise. However, we've just uncovered what the facelift brings to the inside. Here are our comprehensive pointers to the refreshed SX4, thanks to a reader tip-off.
Maruti SX4 facelift exterior
- A new front grille with a lot of chrome finishing
- New front bumpers feature a modified air dam
- Front fog lamps have a different housing
- Two new color options - Serene Blue and Granite Grey are now available
- Turn indicators on the ORVMs
Maruti SX4 facelift interior
- Most significant addition is a new multimedia system. It seems to be a touchscreen system with GPS,
- Voice activated commands, AUX-in, Card reader. Replaces the 2-din system previously found on the ZXi and ZDi variants of the car
- ORVM is now electrically adjustable and foldable as well. Previously the electric folding function was not present
- Refreshed SX4's interior color is that of the first SX4 - pre-VVT version (i.e) Black dashboard with beige door trims and glovebox. Maruti had changed this to all beige interiors in the VVT SX4. Looks like they're going back to the original though!
- Color of the faux wood trim in the door panels has now changed to a darker color, sort of a walnut brown color
- Interior door handles seems to be enveloped in chrome (like the SX4 Celebration Edition)
That seems to be what the Maruti SX4 facelift is all about. We're not expecting any mechanical changes so we believe the same 1.6-liter VVT petrol engine and the 1.3-liter DDiS diesel engine to continue doing duty.
While Maruti is refreshing the SX4 in India, the next generation SX4 has already been unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show. However, the sedan version of the crossover is yet to be announced, but until that one arrives, the current gen SX4, with these upgrades, has to hold out.