IndianAutosBlog brings these details to you first.
Mahindra will launch the XUV500 in Pune on the 28th of this month. IndianAutosBlog.com is invited to witness the launch and sample the car the next day at the Chakan plant. But before we bring you the detailed information, we have gained access to some features and technical specifications of the XUV500. These are purely speculative at this point, but our regular readers will tell you that many of our speculative guesses turned out to be highly accurate.
Mahindra XUV500 random details in an IAB exclusive
- A grown-up version of the 2.2-liter mHawk diesel engine producing 140bhp and 330Nm of torque; Supreme NVH (for its segment) and next to nil turbolag.
- Three variants at launch (Base, Top and Top+ signify the kit level); No AT variant in 2011
- 2WD and AWD variants come out on the 28th; IAB had earlier reported that 2WD and 4WD will be present; AWD is a form of 4WD where the driver is not permitted to control the ratio or split of the drive between the axles.
- 6-speed manual transmission
- Top-end model has features such as ABS, EBD, ESP and TCS.
- Micro-hybrid technology on the top-end variant; Alloy wheels with all wheel disc brakes also feature
- Touch screen infotainment system along with a refrigerator in select variants
What do you think about the features on the XUV500?