Mahindra Maxximo Plus was launched today at Rs. 3.4 lakhs (BS3 variant ex-showroom Thane).
The Mahindra Maxximo Plus is different from a normal Maxximo because it features a special Fuel Smart Technology which according to the company makes it India’s most technologically advanced mini-truck on sale.
The engine has not been changed. It is still powered by a 2-cylinder C2 CRDe diesel. It develops 26 hp and 5.5 kgm torque. Because of its small displacement and highly refined nature, and the new technology it gets more frugal. Features include –
- 909cc common rail diesel engine coupled to 4-Speed gearbox
- Two drive modes - Eco and Power which can be selected using a switch in the dashboard
- Power mode delivers all the 26 hp to enable steep climbing under full load
- Eco modes delivers a claimed 21.9 kmpl and the power output goes down to 17 hp (Maxximo's claimed economy figure is 20 kmpl)
- The Maxximo Plus has a longer wheelbase and seven leaf suspension setup at the rear
- Top speed of 70 kmph
- Cable-Shift Transmission
- LSPV (Load Sensing Proportionate Valve) brakes
- Gear Reduction Starter Motor
- Decals on cabin doors
- Warranty of 2years/60,000 km along with Zero Maintenance Offer for 6months/25,000 km
The Maxximo range which employs the LTV platform includes pickup truck, a passenger van, a hard top passenger van, and a CNG load carrying variant. Mahindra has sold more than 1.6 lakh Maxximos (all 4 variants combined) in India since its introduction in January 2010.
Prices of the Mahindra Maxximo Plus
Mahindra Maxximo Plus BS3 - Rs. 3.4 lakhs (ex-showroom Thane)
Mahindra Maxximo Plus BS4 - Rs. 3.49 lakhs (ex-showroom Mumbai)
The Maxximo plus emerges as a technologically superior vehicle than its main competitor and segment king, Tata Ace. Apart from the Tata Ace, the Maxximo plus will have to watch out for Ashok Leyland's Dost which sits a segment higher but threatens with its extra power.
Image Gallery - Mahindra Maxximo Plus