Jaguar have just announced the all new Jaguar XJR at the 2013 New York Auto Show. As you may remember the XJR is the performance oriented version of the XJ luxury sedan.
Here is what you need to know about the Jaguar XJR
- It is the most powerful XJ ever made
- Power comes from a 5.0-liter supercharged V8 engine paired to an eight-speed transmission
- Maximum power of 550PS
- Maximum torque of 680 Nm
- 0-100km/h achievable in 4.6 seconds
- The XJR gets a bespoke chassis to handle the extra power
- 380mm front and 376mm rear high performance ventilated discs provide stopping power
- Gets aerodynamic bumpers, 20-inch five-spoke 'Farallon' forged alloy wheels on low profile tires
- Top speed is electronically limited to 280 km/h
- Available in a choice of 10 colors
- 380W, 12-speaker surround-sound system is standard, and an 825W, 18-speaker system is optional
- Jet leather trim is available with a choice of either Ivory, London Tan or Red Zone inserts on the seat facings. Seats sport 'R' logo and can be stitched in Red or London Tan shades.
The team behind the XFR-S developed the XJR, in the Nurburgring test track in Germany, Rockingham circuit in Britain and on roads around the Gaydon research center.
The XJR features 'R' spec side sills, that serves as a sharp break-off point between the bodywork and the road surface to keep the airflow sticking to the car's sides for as long as it can.
Rear lift is claimed to have reduced by the bootlid-mounted lip spoiler. Special 'R' bonnet louvres aren't just for show and aid in aerodynamics and engine cooling.
The car is equipped with a start stop system and a corner recognition system which holds the right gear for the best acceleration out of a bend.
The Jaguar XJR joins the already existing variants of the XJ, the XJ L long wheel base version and the XJ Ultimate Edition that was recently launched in India as well.