Hyundai - the latest entrant to the 'Blue' league, is ready to flaunt its i-range with eco technology at Geneva Motor Show. The concepts, dubbed i-Blue range combines existing technologies in innovative ways to show what can be done to make a green car - today.
Hyundai's 'Eco technology' strives to reduce emissions by:
- Increasing motor efficiency
- Reducing driveline friction
- Focusing on aerodynamics
- Including stop-start ignition
- Employing low-rolling-resistance tires
- Lowering the suspension
Hyundai i30 will feature a Stop-Start system
- Engine stop-start system from Germany's Bosch
- System uses an advanced starter motor connected to the ECU
- Joined by low-rolling resistance tires and a few aerodynamic enhancements
- Results in 15% lesser fuel consumption in city and 7% lesser on the highway(compared to standard i30)
Also accompanying the i30 Blue will be the HED-6 which is in essence, the next Tucson.
Source: Motor Authority