Just when Mahindra is supposed to give the mighty Xylo a small facelift tomorrow, Chevrolet India has quietly slipped in its challenger – Tavera Neo3 at a tempting price of 6.72 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi). The Tavera Neo3 was showcased at the 2012 Delhi Auto Expo featuring minor changes to exterior design.
The Tavera’s Achilles heel has now been fixed. It gets a BSIV heart from Sonalika which means that it can be sold metros as well. However, the BSIII version, hailed as an economy champion by taxi cab operators, will also be sold along side. Here are the two engine options that you can book your Tavera Neo with:
- 2.5 liter BS3 diesel engine with 78 Bhp and 186 Nm of peak torque.
- 2 liter CRDI BSIV complaint engine with 105 Bhp 264 Nm of peak torque.
Other changes include:
- Minor changes to the front fascia – new headlamps, a new grille design and new bumpers
- New tail lamp design
- Dual Tone interiors
- New steering wheel design
- A dual cockpit design
- A refreshed instrument cluster
The price range starts at INR 6.72 lakhs for the entry level BS3 variant and heads north all the way to INR 10.26 lakhs for the fully loaded BS4 variant.
Your move XYLO!
[Images sourced from Facebook.com/ChevroletTavera]