Indian Autos Blog brought you live updates from the BMW Gran Coupe launch in Mumbai last month. If you thought that was expensive and powerful, BMW has released all the official details of the performance variant of the Gran Coupe called the BMW M6 Gran Coupe.
This is the third time the M division has performed some magic on the 6 Series as the two door Coupe and the Convertible variants are already present in the M avatar. The biggest change in the M6 is the 4.4-liter twin-turbocharged V8 borrowed from the X5 M.
The engine has come back from the workshop generating 553 hp and a colossal 680Nm. It is mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission.
The styling of the M6 Gran Coupe has also been updated with -
- Carbon fibre reinforced plastic roof
- Different bumpers
- Side skirts
- Rear diffuser flanked by twin exhaust pipes
- 20-inch wheels
- Chrome trims on the double kidney grille and fender air vents.
BMW has also upgraded the mechanics of the M6 Gran Coupe using -
- Aluminum-intensive suspension
- Reinforced chassis mountings
- Electronically-controlled shock absorbers
- Speed-sensitive hydraulic power steering and M-specific stability
- Anti-lock braking and transmission programming
[can't see the video above? Head over to Youtube]
All this tweaking has lead to a phenomenal rise in performance. The M6 Gran Coupe will rocket to 100 km/hr in just 4.1 seconds and will keep pushing till it hits an electronically limited top speed of 250 km/hr.
Stopping power comes from a massive 15.7-inch brake discs up front and 15.6-inch discs at the rear.
Stay tuned for its public debut at the 2013 North American International Auto Show in Detroit in mid-January.