In a very low-key ceremony at Mumbai, Audi India has unwrapped the range topping oil burner version of their flagship sedan A8 at a price of 1,00,75,000 rupees (ex-showroom Maharashtra). This new oil burner will sit above the 3.0 TDI Quattro.
Currently, Audi India sells their flagship A8L (13 cm longer than the standard wheelbase) in three engine options –
- 3.0 TDI diesel engine
- 4.2 FSI petrol engine
- Range topping 6.3 W12 petrol engine
The new 4.2 TDI Audi A8 will slot between the 4.2 FSI petrol and the range topping A8 W12.
As the name suggest the new 4.2 TDI A8L is powered by a 4.2-litre V8 bi-turbo diesel engine that pumps 350 PS of power and monumental 800 Nm of torque. This engine is borrowed from the Audi Q7 crossover. The engine is mated to an 8-speed sequential automatic gearbox delivering power to all four wheels via the quattro all-wheel-drive system.
The 4.2 TDI Audi A8L can do a 100 km/h sprint in 5.5 seconds while providing a fuel economy of 13.1 kmpl. This power monstrosity is electronically limited to 250kph.
Pointers from the Press conference
- 680 cars sold in July, 4680 cars sold so far in 2012; 8,000 units is the annual target
- The three models driving growth are the A3, A6 and Q3 models
- New dealership in Navi Mumbai is the 4th in Maharashtra and 20th in India
- At least 25 locations identified in India to install dealerships
- Growth in India for Audi is 42.8 percent in the first 6 months
Stay tuned as we bring you more information.
Audi A8L 4.2 TDI Image Gallery