Daihatsu Great New Xenia launched at Rp151.65 million – IAB Report
Aravind Jayachandran, It goes without saying that I'm a huge petrolhead and can apparently convert all my driving emotions into words you can read.
Low cost, rebadged version of the Toyota Grand New Avanza.
Along with the launch of the Toyota Grand New Avanza, subsidiary brand Daihatsu have also launched the facelifted Daihatsu Xenia in Indonesia. Dubbed as the Daihatsu Great New Xenia, it is priced from
- Daihatsu Great New Xenia 1.0 D M/T: Rp 151.65 million
- Daihatsu Great New Xenia 1.0 M M/T: Rp 158.65 million
- Daihatsu Great New Xenia 1.0 M Deluxe M/T: Rp 164.85 million
- Daihatsu Great New Xenia 1.3 X M/T: Rp 170.65 million
- Daihatsu Great New Xenia 1.3 X A/T: Rp 181.55 million
- Daihatsu Great New Xenia 1.3 X Deluxe M/T: Rp 185.9 million
- Daihatsu Great New Xenia 1.3 X Deluxe A/T: Rp 197.75 million
- Daihatsu Great New Xenia 1.3 R M/T: Rp 175.45 million
- Daihatsu Great New Xenia 1.3 RA/T: Rp 186.35 million
- Daihatsu Great New Xenia R Sporty 1.3 M/T: Rp 194.8 million
- Daihatsu Great New Xenia R Sporty 1.3 A/T: Rp 205.8 million
The Daihatsu Great New Xenia features a new front-end sporting a larger grille with chrome inserts (depending on trim), a re-profiled lower fascia with LED DRL strips, and new alloy 5-spoke alloy rim designs. Coming to the back, it gets an updated cluster design for the taillamps, extended reflectors and a chrome embellishment above the registration plate area.
Like the exterior, the interior of the 2015 Daihatsu Xenia is largely identical to its Toyota sibling, save for the Daihatsu badge and dashboard color combination. It comes standard with rear HVAC vents and double DIN audio system with AUX and USB ports, while a 7-inch infotainment touchscreen display is optional. Unlike its Toyota counterpart, the Daihatsu Great New Xenia doesn’t come a third headrest for the second row seats, but has a 50:50 split third row bench seat.
The facelifted model continues to offer the 1.0L EJ-VE 3 cylinder DOHC engine and 1.3L 4 cylinder DOHC engine with dual VVT-i. The former unit delivers 63 PS and 90 Nm of torque through a 5-speed manual, while the latter produces 96.5 PS and 120 Nm of torque paired to either a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic.