Land Rover Freelander 2 facelift launches in India with a 17-speaker sound system!
Shrawan Raja, I'm the Founder & CEO of IndianAutosBlog.com. I love teamwork and talking about cars.
Land Rover India’s sole locally produced SUV, the Freelander 2, has been facelifted with many new features.
The Freelander 2 has been assembled at JLR’s plant in Pune since May 2011 and the MY2013 launched today has revised exterior, a new center console and an upmarket sound system among other highlights.
The 2013 Freelander 2 has been launched in 2 variants – a TD4 SE (150 PS) priced at 38.67 lakhs and the SD4 HSE (190 PS) priced at 43.92 lakhs. Both variants are powered by the 2.2-liter diesel motor, which was recently launched on the Jaguar XF. These prices are ex-showroom Mumbai.
Features of the 2013 Land Rover Freelander 2
- Revised front fascia with new headlights, grille, foglight bezels, new taillights and different paint detailing on the vents.
- New centre console which uses switches instead of a dial.
- New hard drive-based 7-inch colour touch-screen infotainment system with integrated navigation assistance.
- 11-speaker or 17-speaker Meridian surround sound system with outputs of 380W and 825W respectively that can stream music from USB, iPod, CD, DVD and Bluetooth devices.
- Xenon headlights with daytime running lamps.
- New 17-inch alloy wheels available on HSE models.
- Adaptive parking brake.
- Passive Start that replaces the old key docking system.
- Rear view camera which projects images from behind the vehicle on to the Infotainment screen during reversing.
- Land Rover’s Terrain Response® (4WD system) with four settings – General Driving, Grass-Gravel-Snow, Mud & Ruts and Sand.
- Seven airbags in all which includes two curtain, two front, two thorax and a driver knee airbag.
- ABS, ETC, EBD, CBC, EBA, DSC and other safety features that one takes for granted on a 50 lakh rupee SUV.
The Freelander 2 is Land Rover’s first launch in the Indian market for 2013.