Geneva Live – Four seater Maserati Gran Turismo MC Stradale unveiled
Anjan Ravi, I'm a true-blooded petrolhead. Hope you enjoy our news stories, launch coverages, motorshow coverages and test drive reports.
After showing the all new Quattroporte sometime ago, Italian car maker Maserati have something new for us at their stand at this year’s Geneva Motor Show.
The highlight is the Gran Turismo MC Stradale which will now accommodate four passengers. The new MC Stradale had its world debut while the Quattroporte had its European debut at this year’s show.
Although the new Quattroporte is the first Maserati to be built at the new Giovanni Agnelli plant in Grugliasco (Turin), the GranTurismo MC Stradale will in fact be built at the historic factory in viale Ciro Menotti in Modena.
Here are the highlights of the Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale:
- It will be a four seater version
- Takes its inspiration from the racing version which competes in the Maserati Trofeo Championship
- Exterior wise, there is a new carbon fibre bonnet which frames a central air intake and two rear extractors
- New 20” forged aluminium wheels
- Interior boasts of new materials and design
- It is powered by the 4.7-litre naturally aspirated, 460 bhp V8 engine
- New MC Race Shift 6-speed robotised manual gearbox compliments the engine
- Top speed is rated as 188mph (300km/h)
- Brembo carbon ceramic brake discs ensures the stopping power