NAIAS Live – 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee facelift [Image Update]
Shrawan Raja, I'm the Founder & CEO of IndianAutosBlog.com. I love teamwork and talking about cars.
Image Update – New Gallery added to the post, scroll down to view images.
[can’t see the video above? Head over to Youtube]
Jeep has just presented the 2014 Grand Cherokee facelift at Detroit with many improvements.
The new headlights are inspired by the Chrysler 300 and the Rolls Royce Ghost, there’s a seven slot grille, and LED lights have been added to the rear which also has its tail gate and bumper revised.
The center stack has been redesigned with HVAC controls updated, and 5- or 8.4-inch touchscreen displays for the infotainment systems.
The steering wheel, shifter and the instrument cluster (with a 7 inch TFI) have also been updated.
Perhaps the biggest change of them all on the Grand Cherokee facelift is the introduction of a 3.0-liter V6 turbodiesel engine for the Overland, Limited and Summit variants, for the American market. The engine is paired to an 8-speed gearbox that is operated via paddle shifters.
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee features
- Upper grille shorter, headlights slimmer, LED running lamps, foglamps pronounced, fascia has been lifted
- Side panels have body colored fender flares.
- 17 ,18, 20 inch wheel options
- Larger LED lights at the back, trapezoidal exhaust, larger spoiler, tailgate reshaped for better visibility
- New leather wrapped shifter, new steering wheel with paddle shifts, instrument cluster – multi-view liquid crystal screen
- 2014 Cherokee has more than 60 safety features – collision warning, select speed control, front parking sensors, etc – highest for is class.
- Diesel powertain – 3-liter eco V6 diesel – fuel efficient diesel, 30mpg in the highway, 730 miles range on a tank, 420 ft-pound torque rating.
- 7,400 pound towing capacity – best in class
- All new 8 speed AT, improves fuel economy across the lineup.
- Eco mode feature new on the 2014 model – to enhance fuel economy – turns V6 into 4 cylinder mode – 13% more fuel efficient than the 2012 edition.
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (the performance variant)
- Improved acceleration – 1 second faster
- Improved shifts due to the new 8-speed transmission
- Custom steering wheel with SRT printed on it – SRT touches throughout
- Dedicated launch control switch
- Custom screens – horspower, lateral acceleration 0-60 mph can be seen on the 7 inch screen – 20 different screens in all can be flipped here.
- New interior scheme borrowed from Viper – Sepia – soft Italian leather
- Unique headlight and taillight – Black tint to give distinctive look
- Wheels – polished 5 spoke added to the current options – customizable again
2014 Jeep Compass (mild facelift) features
- Interior has soft touch components, and interior is quieter because of new windshield and powertrain
- New powertrain – Powertec 6 speed AT – fully electronic – for improved performance
- Refined styling – Cues borrowed from the Grand Cherokee
Closing remark – 2013 is going to be a busy year for the Jeep team.