Ssangyong Rexton launched at 17.67 lakhs; Images and Brochure updated
Shrawan Raja, I'm the Founder & CEO of IndianAutosBlog.com. I love teamwork and talking about cars.
The Ssangyong Rexton is launched by Mahindra in two variants – RX5 MT (2WD) and RX7 AT (AWD).
The RX5 variant is priced at 17.67 lakhs, while the RX7 variant is priced at 19.67 lakhs (all prices are ex-showroom Mumbai).
Both variants are powered by a 2.7-liter five-cylinder diesel engine. The difference however is in the tuning state. It makes 162 bhp @ 4,000 RPM/340 Nm @ 1,800-3,250 RPM on the RX5 variant and 184 bhp @ 4,000 RPM/402 Nm @ 1,600-3,000 RPM on the RX7 variant.
The manual transmission is a 5-speed unit, and the AT variant is also a 5-speeder, sourced from Mercedes.
There are a mountain of features on this vehicle, we’ve attached brochure at the end of this story that will give you the full list.
Among them are 6.1 inch screen with GPS, Electric sunroof, ESP, front and side side airbags, hill decent control and parking sensors.
White, silver, black and purple are the body color options.
Pointers from the Ssangyong Rexton press conference
- Mahindra say the luxury SUV market is big enough today to take the risk of launching a product
- UV penetration in India is 14%, UV market grew by 21% in India this year, compared to 14% last year
- The Rexton introduced today is the 3rd generation model, and the leader in the premium SUV market in Korea
- The new Rexton will be sold in 60 global markets, shortly it will be introduced in Russia and Latin America
- India will be Ssangyong’s second biggest export market
- Ssangyong is developing CUV models, to slot below the Rexton, with Mahindra’s engineers
- The Rexton is manufactured in Mahindra’s Chakan plant with parts sourced from India and Korea
- It will be sold through Mahindra dealerships
- It is offered with a two years, 100,000 km warranty
- 5,000 units annual plant capacity
- Localization is 22%
- 63 crore rupees invested to bring Rexton to India
Ssangyong Rexton Brochure
[can’t see the slideshow above? Head over to Issuu]
Can’t get enough of the Rexton? Here are some more images!
Ssangyong Rexton Image Gallery No.2
[can’t see anything above? Head over to Flickr]