Refreshed Land Rover Freelander 2 to be shown on Wednesday
Dhruv Saxena, Mechanical engineer trying to find his place in the world of automobile journalism.
Right after revealing the new Range Rover, Land Rover has lifted the veil on 2013 Land Rover Freelander 2 that premieres at the Moscow International Motor Show next week.
The Freelander 2 is the only JLR model to be locally assembled in India. Assembly of the Freelander 2 began around May 2011 and going forward there are plans to assemble more models from the JLR group.
Coming back to the 2013 Land Rover Freelander 2, here'a quick roundup of the changes
- LED lights with the daytime running lamps on the headlight cluster
- 17-inch wheels with three new body colors
- LED on the taillight cluster
- New centre console and switches on the Terrain Response dial
- New 5-inch screen displays useful data such as gear positions, fuel and temperature readout
- Passive Start system that enables the car to be started when the key is inside the car
- Intelligent electric parking brake that has intelligence of varying braking force based on the surface or incline
- Meridian audio system available with a choice of 380W or 825W sound outputs
Drive is obtained from the same pair of engines - the 2.2-litre 150PS TD4 and the 190PS SD4 with 4WD. A six-speed manual transmission comes standard on the 2WD 150PS eD4 engine. All 2013 Land Rover Freelander 2 variants are decked with the Intelligent Power System Management that recharges the battery using regenerative braking.