Being its home market, Volkswagen is known to introduce a wide range of special edition models with all of its carlines. In yet another instance, Volkswagen has introduced a special edition CrossPolo called the Urban White Special Edition.
Why is it called CrossPolo? Is it very angry?
No, the CrossPolo is a just a jacked up version of the Polo with rugged looking body kit and bigger wheels to make it look outdoorsy. The reason it is called a CrossPolo is because it is a Cross between a hatchback and an SUV. The CrossPolo is to Polo what the Scout is to Fabia. It does not meet the requirements to off-road, it is Volkswagen's representative at a fancy dress competition conducted on the hills.
What do I get in the VW CrossPolo Urban White Special Edition?
- White paint with a matte black finish on the protective moldings
- Gloss black finish for the mirror housings and roof rails
- New 17-inch alloy wheels
- Tinted side and rear windows
- New seats trimmed in grey upholstery and alcantara with black leather bolsters
- Silver decorative trim for the dashboard and matching color stitching on the steering wheel, handbrake, gearshift lever and floor mats
What powers the CrossPolo?
The CrossPolo comes in four-petrol and three turbocharged diesel units with outputs ranging from 68hp to 103hp with prices starting from €18,975 (around 13 lakhs).
Can I buy it in India?
Not this special edition one because it is only limited to Germany. Considering Skoda has already taken the plunge by launching the niche Skoda Fabia Scout, you should definitely keep your eyes open for the CrossPolo.
It certainly depends on the success that Skoda achieves with the Scout. If the market favors the Scout and Skoda gains good volumes, VW may introduce the CrossPolo in India.