The eighth generation Toyota Hilux debuted in May 2015. Next month, the pickup truck will receive a facelift in Thailand, says a report from Headlightmag.
The facelift for the Toyota Hilux Revo is arriving much ahead of schedule. According to the report, the latest model did not receive a market response as expected. The 2018 Toyota Hilux Revo will reportedly have a tougher, 'American' styling. The refresh could have references to the Toyota Tacoma. Chevrolet took a similar approach when it gave the global Chevrolet Colorado a facelift last year, by borrowing cues from the pickup truck’s North American version.
The Toyota Hilux Revo will not receive any changes under the bonnet with the facelift. The current model is available with the following engines:
- 2TR-FE 2.7-litre Dual VVT-i petrol engine (166 PS/245 Nm)
- 2GD-FTV 2.4-litre VN Turbo diesel engine (150 PS/343 Nm)
- 2GD-FTV (High) 2.4-litre VN Turbo diesel engine (150 PS/400 Nm)
- 1GD-FTV 2.8-litre VN Turbo diesel engine (170 PS/343 Nm)
- 1GD-FTV (High) 2.8-litre VN Turbo diesel engine (177 PS/420 Nm)
- 1GD-FTV (High) 2.8-litre VN Turbo diesel engine (177 PS/450 Nm)
With the 2018 Toyota Hilux Revo’s launch just around the corner, the pickup's stocks at dealerships have started depleting.
[Source - HeadlightMag]