Tata Motors, today has launched the Tata Indica Vista D90, the 90 bhp version of their family hatchback.
Ever since the the Indica Vista was launched in August 2008, the company has managed to put more than 2.3 lakh units on the roads. The Indica Vista has been one of the top 3 choices in the A2 segment and Tata Motors had launched a revised version in October 2011 and marketed it as the sedan class. The revised car, according to the company sported as many as 80 engineering changes.
Now, a sporty variant of the hatchback called the Vista D90 has been launched. The car's 1.3 litre Quadrajet diesel engine now breathes via a VGT (Variabe Geometry Turbocharger) to produce 90 PS of power and 200 Nm of torque, making it one of the most powerful hatchbacks in its segment.
Features of the Tata Indica Vista D90
- Available in two variants - VX and ZX+
- Best in class power to weight ratio of 76.3PS/ton
- Best in class 0-100kph time of 15.5 seconds
- Top speed of 158 kmph
- Best in class rear legroom, head room and shoulder room
- 6.7 inch touch screen multimedia system with GPS, audio-video, Bluetooth, USB, AUX and DVD capabilities
- Rear charging point
- Fully automatic climate control system
- Manza style dashboard with instrument cluster located behind the steering wheel
- Driver information system which is borrowed from the Manza
- ABS with EBD
- Dual SRS Airbags
Visually the Vista D90 is differentiated from its less powerful sister by new front and rear bumpers, a contrasting roof, dual tone alloy wheels and rear roof mounted spoiler. The car is available in 5 exterior color options with Ultra Violet being the new exclusive shade.
The Tata Indica Vista D90 is offered with 2 years/75,000 km warranty and is priced at Rs. 5.99 for VX variant and Rs. 6.83 for the feature rich ZX+ variant (both prices ex-showroom Delhi).
Indian Autos Blog is at the Buddh International Circuit to get behind the wheel of the Vista D90. Stay tuned for more pictures and details.