Finally after much delay, Volkswagen India has launched the new Touareg in the domestic market for a price of 58.5 lakhs ex-showroom, New Delhi.
In India, the Touareg gets a 3L V6 TDI engine with a maximum power output of 245 PS @3,800-4,400rpm and a peak torque of 550 Nm @1,750-2,250 rpm.
The engine is mated with a 8-speed Automatic Transmission. A manual transmission will not be on offer.
The all-new VW Touareg is longer and lighter than its predecessor. Design wise, it is a true Volkswagen with a simple and conservative design. It comes with Bi-xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights, 18 inch “Karakum” alloy wheels and a panoramic sunroof.
The interior comes with “Vienna” leather upholstery with “Vavona” ornamental wood decorative inserts for dashboard, door trim panels and center console.
Techwise, it is pretty loaded too. It comes with:
- Multifunction display
- Climatronic AC with 4 zone temperature control
- RCD 550 with MP3 and MP4 compatibility and integrated 6CD-changer & 8 speakers
- 4 corner air-suspension with electronic shock absorption control
- 14 way electrically adjustable front seats
- Park distance control
- Auto Hold
- Cruise Control
- Automatic headlamp activation with “Coming home” and “Leaving home” function
- Electrically adjustable lumbar support for front seats
To make sure you reach home safely, the new VW Touareg comes with
- Electronic Stability Control (ESP)
- ABS with brake assistant, ASR, EDL & EDTC
- Driver & Passenger airbags
- Side airbags front with curtain airbags for front & rear passengers
- Permanent all-wheel drive “4 motion” with self-locking center differential
- Electronic Immobilizer
- Height adjustable front seat belts with seat belt tensioner
The new VW Touareg comes in 7 colors - Pure White, Deep Black, Cool Silver metallic, Night Blue metallic, Graciosa Brown metallic, Galapagos anthracite metallic and Campanella White
In India, the VW Touareg will compete with the likes of Mercedes ML-Class, Audi Q7 and BMW X5.