New Ford Endeavour – Vehicle Design
A new design look and an array of contemporary features give the New Ford Endeavour fresh appeal to go with its image of dominant toughness giving a more premium look to the SUV
* The New Endeavour sports a sophisticated, all-new front-end design. Its centerpiece is a new chrome grille, which features contemporary chrome detailing
* The grille design features three, finely detailed horizontal bars that seem to float in the grille opening, the middle of which supports a proud Ford oval badge. Designers sculpted the three-bar grille – a key element of Ford design DNA – to convey the kind of sophistication found in luxury goods packaging
* The bars also visually communicate width and confidence, representing the New Endeavour's confident stance and go-anywhere spirit
* The top edge of the grille features a wide header bar with the New Endeavour embossed boldly into its surface. This bar joins the forward edge of the hood and meets the shape of the New Endeavour headlamp unit
* The headlamps – with fully shaped, impact-resistant transparent surfaces – are each sculpted and detailed with a brow reminiscent of luxurious cut crystal glassware. Chrome bezels to link the grille, hood and the muscular “chamfered” fender shapes seamlessly. Together, these elements are where the New Endeavour’s robustness and contemporary appeal unite so effectively
* The use of fine chrome detailing is echoed in the lower grille of the New Endeavour, which is bisected by a singular horizontal bar. Foglamps, housed in sculpted, silver wing-shaped bezels, flank the lower grille and provide even further design detail to the Endeavour face
* Poised on bold, 16-inch wheels, the New Endeavour has an unmistakably confident stance that communicates this vehicle is ready to go, whether it’s around town, on a great journey or to even greater heights
* The new 16-inch alloy wheel – in a unique six-spoke design – is standard equipment, fitted with 245/70R16 tires.
* The bodywork of New Endeavour’s sides is accentuated by bold wheel arches, which further communicate its stance, on-the-road handling character and off-road capabilities. Visually, the New Endeavour is a vehicle of substance, and its profile features tinted glass from the B-pillar rearward to lend an air of exclusivity
* Side cladding – body colored, a contemporary design trend – lends a protective feel to the New Endeavour's profile. The vehicle also features protective overfender cladding in body color
* The New Endeavour’s front fenders feature a distinctive fender grille at their trailing edge. It is housed in a matte silver housing sculpted to incorporate a black-lettered chrome Endeavour badge, with an underlying black meshwork adding visual depth
* A newly designed, low-profile roof rail provides additional visual contrast. It is shaped in matte silver, accented by black upright supports. It extends from the front seat all the way to the tailgate of the vehicle, providing style and functionality.
* Another contrasting detail is New Endeavour’s built-in side step, crafted of extruded aluminum with top grooves for a secure foothold and visual style. The side step is mounted along the lower sill, visually uniting the two wheel arches. Its ends feature contrasting, titanium-colored caps, one of many facets of the Ford design team’s attention to detail
* The new Endeavour’s side mirrors also include interesting design details and functionality. Their housings – matte black lowers with chrome uppers – incorporate power folding convenience with turn indicator repeater lamps and a puddle lamp feature, which illuminates the ground around the door of the vehicle as the driver approaches the vehicle and unlocks its doors by remote control.
* The mirrors can also be folded / unfolded with a touch of a button.
* When the doors open, they reveal a distinctive chrome scuffplate with illuminated Endeavour branding.
* Subtle contrasting lines along the lower edge of the rear side glass are a touch of understated elegance. This creates a visual 'chamfering' effect that transitions from the lower bodyside into the upper 'greenhouse' of the vehicle
* The New Endeavour will be available in Five exterior paint colors, including two new Sea Grey, Moondust Silver, apart from Morello, Panther Black and Diamond White.
Endeavour’s all-new rear design also features several other key elements:
* An eye-catching new cover for the tailgate mounted spare wheel stows a spare of the 16-inch wheel, the spare-wheel cover features a unique molded shape in which an appealing mountain motif appears in relief. A horizontal slot visually links the cover with the vehicle’s beltline
* The tailgate features a chrome handle incorporating a Ford oval badge and concealed lighting for the vehicle number plate
* A new three-piece rear bumper unit – finished in body color – incorporates rear reflectors and reversing lamps. Body-color cladding applied to the lower sill of the tailgate gives it a matching contour with the bumper for appealing design coherence. The cladding incorporates Endeavour branding
On the inside, the New Ford Endeavour surrounds its occupants with car-like comfort and luxury while providing true seven-seater SUV functionality:
* The New Endeavour offers clever interior features and stowage options. There’s a handy instrument panel pull-out tray with a 10-kilogram load capacity, enough for lunch on the road or to use a laptop computer. Stowage in the door trims also has been enhanced.
* The New Endeavour prides itself in providing outstanding seat comfort and spaciousness. The vehicle features ergonomically crafted seats with a leather seating surfaces. Door panels are also finished in premium material close to the seats for visual appeal and design consistency
* The second-row seats feature Ford’s Synchronic one-touch flip-fold system – a key to its interior versatility
* Synchronic seats make it easy to configure the vehicle for all kinds of potential uses, whether it’s off to a leisure activity or managing extra space to carry luggage. This system allows the seat back to fold forward and flat.
* The third-row seat can flip forward to provide a generous rear storage area with impressive capacity of 1433 liters, or the third-row seats can be removed to provide even more storage capacity, especially if the second row is also flipped forward
* Endeavour’s spaciousness also is a key facet of the comfort story. Legroom is generous for all three rows – front 1088mm, second 978mm and third 722mm.
* A state-of-the-art in-car entertainment and navigation system redefines luxury with a segment first touch screen (7” Inch) satellite navigation system, built-in DVD player which supports all popular file formats, a rear camera and Bluetooth compatible communication system on the Automatic Variant. This unit also has a USB Input.
* The new Endeavour also boasts an RDS-capable audio system with 6 CD changer and MP3 capabilities and Aux-in port on the 4x2 variant. This allows occupants to feed connect popular MP3 players, such as the Apple iPod, into the audio system.
* The New Endeavour handles the heat with an air conditioning system that is designed to keep all passengers cool. It provides dedicated overhead air vents to both the second row and the third row of seats – another Ford competitive advantage in comfort.