Sources with direct knowledge on the C-Class facelift India chapter told IndianAutosBlog.com that a launch is scheduled either on the second or third week of September. Images and information on the new C-Class is already in the public domain as the company is retailing the updated C-Class in Europe and USA.
The features/changes of the new C-Class will be given more importance than the powertrains or power. This will be first volume product to leverage on the Daimler Financial Services.
In the first week of August, IndianAutosBlog.com brought readers 16 spy pictures of the new C-Class from a local dealership. Powertrain options are likely to be retained and the objective of the facelift is to stimulate interiors and provide freshened exteriors. Mercedes Benz is aware that Audi is prepping an A4 facelift while the BMW F30, the next generation 3 Series is ready to rock and roll come Q1 2012.
Changes on the Mercedes Benz C-Class facelift
- 2,000 new components have been brought into the C-Class compared to the existing model
- New pull-back headlamps
- Light-weight aluminium hood is installed in the view to improve fuel economy and use less muscular energy at the garage
- Rear bumper and one-piece jewel case type tail light have been redesigned
- New dashboard built using finer materials
- New safety systems like Attention Assist, Adaptive Highbeam Assist, Park Assist incl. PARKTRONIC, Lane Keeping Assist and Blind Spot Assist are featured
The indication at the moment is the prices will not see a downward revision
Mercedes Benz C-Class facelift Video
Mercedes Benz C-Class facelift Image Gallery