We're minutes away from the launch of the Maruti Alto 800 and here's a deep dive into Maruti's new mini car.
Maruti Alto 800 Design and Interior
- Chrome grille, petal-shaped headlights part of the all-new body
- Brown and Gray interior color options offered for the first time
- 3 spoke steering wheel
- New seat fabric and design, silver accents on the instrument panel and doors
- Roof positioned at 15mm over the current model
- Rear leg room enhanced by 15mm (the number 15 features once again later in this story)
- Can holder and 1 liter bottle holder
- Internally adjustable ORVM
- Remote tailgate opener
- Front power windows
Maruti Alto 800 Powertrain and Mechanical features
- 22.74 kmpl best in class mileage rated by ARAI; 30.46 km/kg for the CNG variant - 15% better fuel economy for petrol variants
- A 13% improvement in fuel efficiency for the CNG variants
- The CNG kit comes factory fitted
- Detent pin technology and cable-type transmission - claimed to reduce shifting effort
- Driver side airbag is an option - for the first time on the Alto in India
- Redesigned engine intake system and new lubricants for the engine and transmission helped reduce fuel consumption
- The CNG technology is branded as intelligent Gas Port injection technology (i-GPI)
Maruti Alto 800 - Facts and Figures
The Alto 800 is powered by a 796cc petrol engine that makes 48PS @ 6,000 RPM and 69NM @ 3,500 RPM, a 11% improvement over the older Alto. It has a boot volume of 177 liters and a ground clearance of 160mm. It measures 3.39m long, 1.49m wide, 1.47m tall with a 2.36m wheelbase.
The Alto is offered in a choice of 6 colors - Frost Blue, Granite Grey, Superior White, Blazing Red, Silky Silver and Torque Blue
Maruti has announced that exports of the Alto 800 will start to African and Latin American countries from January 2013.