Mahindra has just unveiled the facelift of the Xylo at its Kandivali manufacturing plant in Maharashtra and announced prices for the same. There are a total of 5 variants -
- D2 and D4 for commercial segment
- E4 and E8 for family
- E9 positioned as the luxury variant
Mahindra Xylo facelift variant and price (in lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi)
- E9 - 10.25
- E8 (ABS and Airbags) - 9.47
- E8 ABS - 9.10
- E4 ABS - 8.34
- E4 - 8.11
- D4 - 7.77
- D2 - 7.37
Following are the changes and additions on select variants of the Mahindra Xylo facelift
- Headlight, wiper, fuel lid, door locks and personal phone calls operate on voice commands
- Interiors are exactly the same except for the dual tone on the dashboard
- Plenty of changes on the exterior styling which includes a new grille, bumper, chrome accents, body decals, curved bonnet, etc.
Mahindra has mentioned about the "Extra Stability Technology" that looks like an improvised anti-roll bar to cut down body roll. It comes standard on all the variants. Convenience features like Digital Driver Assist System, electrically operated outside mirrors, dual airbags, ABS and EBD are present on the top-end variant.
The Xylo was launched on the 13th of January, 2009. Over 90k units have been sold in these three years to capture a market share of 27%.
Mahindra has introduced the 2.2-liter mHawk engine (from the Scorpio) on the top-end E9 variant that comes with a different transmission.