Toyota Motor will introduce the 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado in Japan on 12 September 2017. New information of the facelifted Land Cruiser Prado has emerged from Japanese websites less than a month ahead of official release, courtesy Livedoor Blog.
According to the report, like the current Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, the new Toyota Land Cruiser Prado will have 2.7-litre petrol and 2.8-litre diesel engine options. The petrol engine produces 163 PS and 246 Nm of torque. The diesel engine is tuned to deliver 177 PS and 450 Nm of torque. A 6-speed automatic transmission is standard. There's a vague mention of a 2.4-litre diesel engine (150 PS/400 Nm) too, possibly the 2GD-FTV unit from the Fortuner.
The 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado will have LED headlights and LED fog lights. The MY2018 update will bring Toyota Safety Sense P to the midsize SUV. TSS-P includes Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Pedestrian Detection function, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC), Auto High Beams (AHB) and Lane Departure Alert (LDA) with/without Steering Assist function. Toyota will offer TRD and Modellista parts for customising the new LC Prado.
Toyota will sell the 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado in Japan in a variety of configurations, in 5- and 7-seat seating layouts. Pricing for most configurations have leaked.
2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado - Prices (Japan)
- TX 5-seat 2.7 petrol - JPY 3,538,080 (INR 20,66,864.96)
- TX 7-seat 2.7 petrol - JPY 3,692,520 (INR 21,57,085.26)
- TX 5-seat "L package" 2.7 petrol - JPY 4,047,840 (INR 23,64,655.03)
- TX 7-seat "L package" 2.7 petrol - JPY 4,202,380 (INR 24,54,933.74)
- TX 5-seat 2.8 diesel - JPY 4,152,600 (INR 24,25,853.41)
- TX 7-seat 2.8 diesel - JPY 4,307,040 (INR 25,16,073.71)
- TX "L package" 5-seat 2.8 diesel - JPY 4,667,760 (INR 27,26,798.03)
- TX "L package" 7-seat 2.8 diesel - JPY 4,822,200 (INR 28,17,018.33)
- TZ-G 7-seat 2.8 diesel - JPY 5,363,280 (INR 31,33,104.82)
[Source 1: Livedoor Blog]
[Source 2: Instagram]