The model is manufactured in Gujarat and exported to Europe.
The India-made Ford Figo was launched in UK this week, as the Ford Ka+. Prices for the hatchback begin at 8,995 GBP (INR 7.82 lakhs), however, Ford of Europe has made plenty of changes to suit European market requirements.
Following are the changes seen on the Euro-spec Ford Figo in comparison to the Indian model -
- The 1.2-liter four-cylinder petrol engine is offered in two states of tune - 69 bhp and 84 bhp
- Six airbags, Hill Start Assist and Electronic Stability Control are standard features; they're exclusive to the top-end variant in India
- Tyre-pressure monitoring system is available
- Cruise control is available
- Heated front seats and heated mirrors part of the top-end variant
- DAB Radio with superior reception is included in the feature list
- Rear parking sensors are included (available as dealer-level accessory in India)
- Low rolling resistance tyres fitted for better efficiency
- Suspension fine-tuned by Ford of Europe’s experts at the Lommel proving ground in Belgium
- Re-engineered front subframe and engine mounts
- Ride height is reduced by 10 mm for "greater body control"
- Front anti-roll bar is now 47 percent stiffer for better cornering
- Unique tuning for the Electronic Power Assisted Steering system delivers a faster 2.6 turn lock-to-lock ratio and speed sensitive assistance (results in lighter steering at low speeds and more feedback at higher speeds, according to the company)
- Regenerative charging saves fuel by "maintaining efficient charge levels in the vehicle battery by capturing ‘free’ electrical energy when drivers coast or brake"
- Improved brake pads
- Black and White versions of the Ka+ announced, receive contrasting colour options and black 15-inch alloy wheels.
The following measures aim to minimise wind noise, road noise and powertrain noise levels
- Improved door seals
- Fiesta-specification hydraulic engine mounts tuned to absorb vibration and offer "enhanced impact absorption"
- Additional sound deadening material for the engine bay, A-pillars and doors
- New rear suspension bushes
- Aerodynamic fins for the door mirror mounts that prevent buffeting
Ford states that with the sound deadening measures in place, the Ka+ records best-in-class noise levels of 73 decibels when driving on coarse surfaces at 50 mph (80 km/h).