Of course IAB is excited about the new Ford Figo facelift. We have been tracking it since the time the first mule was spotted.
We also brought you the exclusive information that the Ford Figo facelift will hit the stands before Diwali.
Are you excited about the Ford Figo facelift as well? Well, you are at the right place. Here are some exclusive shots of Ford’s new little girl reaching dealer’s stock yard.
Don’t thank us; send your thanks to IAB’s avid reader Saichand Kolla who got us these pictures. He also got us some exclusive juicy details of the Figo facelift. Here they are –
- The facelifted Ford Figo features new headlamps, new grille, new bumper and a small change in the fog lamp housing.
- There are no changes on the side profile. The alloy wheels are carried over from elder sister Ford Fiesta.
- At the rear, the tail lamps are revised. The reverse indicators are shifted downwards.
- The ZXI and Titanium variants will get steering mounted audio controls. These would not be ‘buttons on the steering wheel type’ but a third stalk behind the steering wheel. We have seen this type of steering mounted controls on Renault cars namely Duster and Fluence.
- The optional saddle brown dashboard for the Titanium model is dropped and it is now available in a bluish shade (optional).
- Minor changes in the material and colors used in the door trim.
- No Keyless entry as speculated before.
- Two new color shades added to the lineup – Kinetic Blue and Yellow.
- A comprehensive ECU remap to increase power and fuel efficiency. Sadly, the exact power and FE bump is not available right now.
- The facelifted Figo will get a price increase of 10- 15K across variants and dealers are already taking bookings orders for it.
- The launch is expected sometime next week.
Interestingly most of its strong competitors such as the Swift and the i20 have received some sort of update in the past. It was about time the Ford Figo received some updates as well.
There will also be some new competitors such the Chevy Sail hitting the stands before Diwali.
Yes, the segment is crowded but the Figo is now an established brand in the mind of the Indian consumer.
Can the facelift remind the masses of the miracle that the Figo worked for Ford India two years back?