The Land Rover Freelander 2 is the only JLR vehicle to be locally assembled in India and the facelifted version is slated for 2013 launch.
JLR India's official Twitter account has replied to our friends at Goaonwheels.com stating that facelifted car will be launched in India by April 2013. The facelifted Freelander 2 was showcased at Mascow Motor Show earlier this year and is already on sale in many international markets.
Changes in 2013 Land Rover Freelander 2
- LED lights with the daytime running lamps
- 17-inch wheels
- Three new body colors
- LED tail lamps
- New centre console and switches on the Terrain Response dial
- New 5-inch screen which displays data such as gear positions, fuel and temperature readout
- Passive Start system that enables the car to be started when the key is inside the car
- Intelligent electric parking brake that varies braking force based on the surface or incline
- Meridian audio system with a choice of 380W or 825W sound outputs
The same 2.2 litre 150 PS TD4 and 190 PS SD4 diesel engines will power the car, the latter comes with 4WD and is mated to 6-speed auto transmission. All the variants of the facelifted Freelander 2 will come with Intelligent Power System Management that recharges the battery using regenerative braking.
The Freelander 2 will be positioned to take on the BMW X3 and the Audi Q5.